- Learn how to foster a coaching culture that improves communications between managers and employees?
- Learn a coaching process that takes the pain out of the annual performance review?
- Learn a coaching mindset that facilitates an innovative approach developing effective employees
This workshop will provide HR professionals with the skills needed to have a positive impact on the organization’s managers and their direct reports. Specifically, they will learn to develop and implement a strategic coaching initiative for managers and the direct report’s development. This initiative will contain competency development through the use of models illustrating the coaching process, the coaching mindset, and a coaching culture. This plan will contain a needs analysis, competency development, and a learning plan that aligns with the organization’s strategic plan’s performance expectations. This will happen through:
• Developing and aligning the human resource strategic talent management plan with the organization’s strategic plan.
• Working with the executive suite in assessing supervisory, managerial, and leadership gaps as they impact the strategic and annual planning process.
• Leveraging key stakeholders to garner support for the initiative by demonstrating the value-add of an educated and motivated managerial and leadership level.
• Using data, identifying the health of the leadership pipeline and present this data to the executive suite as vital to the success of any strategic and annual plan. This will include conducting an organizational analysis of the current and projected leadership talent level as well as competency gaps.
• Developing a strategic management development coaching initiative that will include pre-and post-program assessment, skills training in compliance, process improvement, and staff development, mentorship, and continual continuing education opportunities tied to organizational goals and objectives.
• Communicating the organization’s values and guiding principles and building these into management and leadership development coaching initiatives.
Margi Bush, M.S., ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and Certified MBTI Master Practitioner and known as “The Curiosity Coach” is President Wisdom Tree Coaching, a Charleston, WV based partner for individuals and businesses. Margi performs many professional development functions with a special interest in the areas of leadership development, talent management, and developing internal coaching programs by teaching the coaching approach to those in a leadership role. She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Charleston Chapter of Society of Human Resource Management as their chapter Immediate Past President and Recertification Director. She is a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), the ICF Charlotte Charter Chapter, ICF Tennessee Chapter, and Association for Psychological Type International (APTi). She is a graduate of Leadership West Virginia. Margi has a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management.
Margi offers one-on-one coaching, team coaching, relationship coaching, and leadership coaching, which provides the client an opportunity to focus on what they want.
Margi’s open questions, genuine curiosity, and active listening foster self-awareness, helping her clients develop their own resourcefulness for creating and sustaining the purposeful life that they want. Margi is a Certified MBTI® Master Practitioner generating in-depth reports to help the client better understand themselves, build on their personal strengths, and improve their interaction with others. Using Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® Instrument, she can provide workshops in the areas of Leadership, Effective Communication, and Team Building around personality types. In addition, she is certified to administer the FIRO-B instrument.
Margi is also a Strengths Champion Certified Coach helping her clients tap into their natural strengths to achieve their goals. Clients discover insights into themselves and others using a strengths based approach.
Margi is the author of, “Finding Space for Responsible Risk Taking” and “Designing Your Own Strategic Roadmap: Creating an Overarching Framework of What You Want” and “Don’t Be Tricked into Thinking It’s Too Late in the Year to Make Changes.” Read her blog at: www.wisdomtreecoaching.com where Margi speaks on topics related to personal growth, professional growth, leadership, and communication.